Thursday, April 23, 2009

Adventures In Planting A Garden

I decided that I was going to plant a garden. Then I thought that maybe the kids would like to get in on the fun. Literally!





Mikey standing in the raised garden bed. The direction that was given was stand beside the bed.







The other two got a kick out of Mom's exasperation so they decided to join the fun. So now we can all give a collective "Awe" because they are cutie pies even when they are being devils.







The fun begins!







He is poking at the dirt. Boys will be boys eh?







Three little ducklings all in a row.








She is all business.








She is digging it. Hehe!







The boys decided that playing was more fun. This is what happened when I told them I was going to start digging the holes for the plants to go into.







My straggler








The boys stayed around for a bit. Claire was the super helper today. Maybe she will find a love for gardening.







"Looks heavy Claire. Do you need some help?" I say.







"Nope Momma I got it" she says.
I will have to point out here how her little mouth is wide open. Such determination this one has. Oh, and she wants you to call her Fred. Or Bread as she pronounces it.








The finished product. Hopefully we have just helped these little plants on their way. We planted red and yellow bell peppers, three types of tomatoes, banana peppers, jalapenos, and a yellow squash. I will be so stoked if they actually produce.

See ya guys later!

2 comments:

  1. My little guys are so excited that the seeds are out at the stores and the garden center has opened up! They love helping plant the garden too. Unfortunately, we can't plant until Memorial Day, and even then we risk frost warnings in early June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plants are so soaked. The day after we planted these it hailed!

    ReplyDelete