Friday, July 9, 2010

Introducing!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband, my lover, my best friend, and above all my soul mate!

This is J.





Somethings never die and this has been in my heart for a very long, long time. As young teenagers we spent hours upon hours talking on the phone. I would sneak over to his house telling my Mom I was at my best friends house. I was so horribly shy that when I would speak to him I would look down at my lap. Oh man, did I have it bad. The summer before ninth grade I moved in with my Dad across the country. We lost touch but every time I had the chance I asked about him. Nobody seemed to know where he was or what he was doing. I also had a person give me some seriously false information. Why, I have no idea.

After almost 20 years of being apart the strangest thing happened.....he popped up on an old friends Facebook. I immediately "friend requested" him. When I noticed he had accepted my request I sent him a message asking him if he remembered me. His answer will stick in my mind for the rest of my life. He said "Yes, you are the one that got away. How could I ever forget that smile?" Swoooooooooooooooon! That was it folks. Stick a fork in me I am DONE. There is a lot to be said about marrying a best friend. I did just that and I have nothing but joy and happiness in my heart for taking that leap of faith. When you know, you just know.






Not only is he the Ying to my Yang but he is wonderful with my children. They love him and accept him as "one of us" and that is so important to me. Children are the best radars. They will let you know if a person is good or evil. This man can sit on a floor and smile at a baby and that baby will make his way over to him. I have seen it with my own eyes! Actually, this particular baby chose to go to him over me! I was shocked, pleased, and concerned if I was evil all at the same time! Good omen all the same as far as I am concerned. I think it is very hard not to like J. Don't try and fight it is all I have to say.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you look happy,he is a very handsome fellow....did you ever get the thing taking care of with taking your children out of Georgia straighten up? Where will your next adventure take you and the children? Try to get an overseas tour, you'll love it... Love is a funny thing, it happens when you least expect it and takes you to places you'll learn to love...good job,take care and don't stop blogging, it's good for the soul. How long have you been baking, it's one of my favorite things to do, been doing it for hummmm, well long time...quote of he day...
    (LET THE PAST GO SO YOU CAN ENJOY THE FUTURE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I too think he is very handsome. We are working through the courts to get it all settled as far as the kids go. Have to do it the right way.
    I have been baking most of my life. All of my stuff is packed up right now waiting for our impending move. Do you have a blog? Thank you again for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...The "red tape" syndrome won't last forever, the approval is forth coming, no court in America would keep a military man and his family apart. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.....Do you let Clarie help you bake? I don't have a blog, it takes time.... which I have plenty of until school starts,I'm a teacher...I'm sort of private with my life....We are actually overseas right now, it's such a culture shock, but what an adventure, it's thrilling once you get over the move and settle in,the kids make friends first. Enjoy your new post. Hope to see more snaps of you and family. Take the best of care....A mom 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she does bake with me. All of the kids get in the mix. It is a lot of fun! Overseas also sounds fun. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you're so kind to get back with me. Do you think you will get an overseas post? Your big boy looks so much like you, who does Clarie and Mikey look like? My youngest daughter looks so much like me, my son looks like his father,sort of, and my big girl looks like her fathers mother, funny how all the kids took after different family members. Take care, I am praying for your life...A mom 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete